Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Making A List, Checking It Twice...

I feel like there is sooo much to finish sewing before Christmas. I am glad I have WIP Wednesday to keep me focused and organized.

This week I finished Daughter #2's Quilt and the Baby Tree Quilt. Yeah! I will show more pictures of them later - plus my cheater/tricky/fast/simple way to bind quilts.

  1. I am still working on the large Tree Quilt but I think I have figured out how to border it -- maybe. Feel free to weigh in and give me some advice.
  2. Need to bind Daughter #1's quilt.
  3. I have the pieces cut for Brother #4's super late graduation quilt. I am making it like these Pete and Repeat quilts that Amada Jean made last year. It should go pretty fast - I hope. That last color is Kona Charcoal not black - just for the record.
  4. I have started working on potholders for Mom. Love those fabrics.
  5. The new covers for the living room throw pillows are cut but I have stalled at the button hole step. I just need to bite the bullet and get them done. My living room will thank me.
Projects chomping at the bit in the wings:
  • Baby quilt for A.
  • Doll quilts for E. and E.
  • Dream On charm quilt
Not as bad as I thought. Two down and five to go.

Go to Freshly Pieced and check out what everyone else is working on.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love your potholder fabrics! Your tree quilt is looking quite beautiful as well. I agree, WiP Wednesday is super handy to stay on track, especially this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Baby Tree quilt! The green fabric is beautiful!

    Happy WiP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore your Tree Quilt. Looks like you've got some great projects on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing potholders as Christmas gifts too - so useful and fun to do! And I love Amanda Jean's Pete and Repeat quilts, so those should be really fun.

    Can't wait to hear about your cheater binding! Thanks for joining WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your potholder fabrics are really cute! How fun. I'll have to add those to my list of "to try" s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's some list you got there. Love the fabrics for the pot holders, I can't wait to see them done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas tree quilt is so pretty! Congrats on finishing two of your projects! I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love, love the tree quilt! And my DH works in forestry! Hmmm May have to get the pattern, or try to make something similar!!

    ReplyDelete