Monday, November 1, 2010

My New Theme Song

I was listening to Pandora Radio and heard Material Girl by Madonna. I thought, "material=fabric," looked it up on You Tube, listened to it over and over and over, wrote new lyrics and now it is my "Theme Song." I think it would be sooo fun to make a music video with women dancing, singing and draping themselves in fabric in a quilt shop.

Listen to "Material Girl" while you read the new lyrics.

Some boys kiss me, some boys hug me
I think they're O.K.
If they don't give me *Kona Cotton*
I just walk away

They can beg and they can plead
But they can't see the light, that's right
'Cause the boy with the *most fabric*
Is always Mister Right, 'cause we are

[Chorus:]

Living in a material world
And I am a material girl
You know that we are living in a material world
And I am a material girl

Some boys romance, some boys slow dance
That's all right with me
If they can't *buy me fabric* then I
Have to let them be

Some boys try and some boys *die when*
I *stop by the quilt shop*
Only boys who save their pennies
Make my rainy day, 'cause they are

[chorus]

*Prints* may come and *prints* may go
And that's all right you see
*My-y stash* has made me rich
And now they're after me, 'cause everybody's

[chorus]


1 comment: