Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Work In Progress Wednesday

It has been a little crazy over here with Thanksgiving and the requisite sick kids that go with any holiday, but I was able to sneak downstairs and get some sewing done over the last two weeks.

1. Potholders - Three tops finished, one quilted and bound and the binding pressed for the other two. I need to get some more batting.


2. My brother's quilt - I finished the front and the back!!!! I love making those wonky square-in-a-square blocks. The front is all blue with a stripe of blocks 2/3's of the way down. The back is pieced with 20-ish inch stripes of varied blues and thin stripes of white. Now I just have to baste and quilt this monster. I haven't quilted a twin sized quilt in 7 years - augh!


Finished:
1. Bee blocks



No work on:
1. Tree quilt - although I did decide to just put a bit more white around the edge and bought some brown for the binding.
2. Throw pillows

Head on over to Freshly Pieced to see what other people are working on!

9 comments:

  1. Cute little houses! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your brothers quilt finished, and your houses are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your brother's quilt! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    Happy WiP Wednesday from a fellow Iowa quilter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what I see of your brother's quilt and not just because I love solids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your square-in-a-square boxes. They're just the right amount of wonky! Happy WiP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that quilt for your brother. It is so much a GUY's quilt - and that is hard to come by. I'm meaning to make my brother one too - thanks for a great idea!

    AnneMarie @ Gen X Quilters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your brother's quilt is amazing! Can't wait to see the rest of it ...

    I'm doing potholders as gifts this year as well. Hopefully starting on them this week.

    Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the houses and the blue quilt! Super-cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your brother's quilt! I know he will always cherish it. Good luck with the quilting, it will look great!

    ReplyDelete