Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday and First 3 Civil War Blocks

It seems like the fates have conspired against me and the sewing machine this week, but I was able to work on my Civil War blocks.

1. Civil War Quilt - I am all caught up on the blocks that have been posted so far. Yea! But I think making all of these blocks will be a learning experience in fabric choice and placement.

Block #1 - Catch Me If You Can (tutorial) I love these fabrics, but I don't think there was quite enough contrast.

Block #2 - North Star (tutorial) Again, I love the floral, but I think I would rather have had the points be the darker color.

Block #3 - Seven Sisters (tutorial) This was suppose to be straight applique, but I "cheated" and used fuse-able web and blanket stitched around them. I have appliqued before, but my points aren't very good and these were tiny stars. I figured better safe than sorry.
I have really enjoyed this project and can't wait until Saturday when the next block is posted.

2. Grandmother's Flower Garden - it's a'comin' 'long

Stalled
3. Big Tree Quilt - supper stalled!
4. Pink and Yellow Diamond Quilt
5. Cousin Sacks
6. Crazy Quilt Blocks

This week:
Completed: 0
Added: 0
Total: 6

5 comments:

  1. I love the meadowsweet fabric in those blocks! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the North Star block, I think it's gorgeous! They all are! Nice job!

    Thanks for linking up, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really liking these. The catch me if you can is really great!

    ReplyDelete