Monday, March 28, 2011

Two Big Projects

I finally got the four (!!!!) Easter dresses cut out last week.  I am somehow not looking forward to sewing them.  My oldest is as tall as a size 10 and as skinny as a size 4, so I tried to modify the pattern.  I hope it works, but I have my doubts. 


I get a bit funny sewing clothing after sewing a bunch of quilts.  I tend to veer away from the 5/8ths line toward the 1/4 inch line.  But I am always pleasantly surprised at how fast a dress goes together verses a quilt.


You remember those wedges?  They have come together into 9 beautiful circles.


I have thoroughly enjoyed making these rounds and interacting with the gals over at Lily's Quilts QAL.  They are a hoot and so supportive.  It is fun quilting along with everyone.

The circles are about 27 inches in diameter and will be framed out in white.  I am not totally sure about the centers.  White?  A variety of prints?  A variety of solids?  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. 9??? You did 9?? I am only doing 6. Mine ended up at 25.5-26 diameter so I bow to you for getting the 27".
    They look great. not sure what you should do for the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solid color with a flower applique centers. They look AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete