Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I am back after not linking for awhile. I didn't think I got that much done this week until I started to write it all down.

Finishes:

I was able to finish these blocks for Jennifer in my A Twist on Tradition Bee.


I also put together (and mailed!) bundles of fabric for my month of the bee. I am asking for 12 inch star and pinwheel inspired blocks. I sent a variety of Meadowsweet, dots and solids.


Friday, after the baby was down for a nap (of course), I realized the 10 year-old was going to a birthday party after school! This is what I came up with:


A personalized tee-shirt and bag (made out of an old jean leg). Not too shabby. I love playing with fusible web!

But this was the big finish of the week. My first quilt of the year! The pictures didn't turn out that great, but I am loving this quilt.


I hope to have a tutorial out next week on how to make it.

And, speaking of tutorials, I am hosting Round 10 of the Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along this month. I will show how to foundation piece different types crazy quilt blocks, how to add trims and machine embroider. The first post about fabric requirements is here. I hope you come and join this Crazy Quilt Along!

Still in Progress:
  1. Crazy quilt
  2. Throw pillows
  3. Big Tree quilt
  4. Civil War quilt
Brought out of Retirement:
  1. Scrappy 9-patch (I have not touched this for over 6 years! eek!)

Head on over to Freshly Pieced to see what everyone else has been working on this week!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice ...the quilt and the birthday gift...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is lovely... and I so enjoy seeing old jeans (or any old thing) being given new life.....
    Thanks for your kind comment on my QAYG post for Sew We Quilt...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects! I love the pink and yellow diamonds quilt -- a tutorial would be awesome!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hexagon quilt is so cute! I love the shape. Definitely do a tutorial for that one.

    Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday, have a great week! : )

    ReplyDelete