Wednesday, July 20, 2011

To Everything There is a Season

 

I have often thought that summer is not "sewing season".  With kids home from school all day, swimming lessons, gardening, canning, vacations, berry picking, reading and the never ending weeding, quilting kind of gets pushed to the back.  I just haven't gotten much sewing done.


I have also felt bad because I haven't commented as much on your pictures on flickr for the last few weeks.  I just want to say that all of your sampler blocks are Amazing!  I love seeing what you guys are making, but my kids hate having me on the computer - who can blame them?  I can't promise I will get any better, because our best friends ever are coming to stay with us for two weeks!!!  So excited.  So I guess what I am saying is be patient with me and if I don't respond to something, email me.  I don't mind.

Mosaic Block from the Summer Sampler Series.  Tutorial by Lee.

I hope you guys are enjoying your summer and haven't gone crazy in the heat wave.

8 comments:

  1. The mosaic block looks so different just with simple color substitutions. I really like this option. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thai is gorgeous!! So are the green beans and peaches! Summer is just great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of us are in the same boat at this time of year.
    Your beans and peaches look fab :-)
    Very pretty sampler block

    ReplyDelete
  4. here in the Southern Hemisphere are experiencing cold, good for seams. I'm loving to your project, rather I was late to finish another panel, tomorrow I want to do the previous block and get more projects. UHUUUU ......

    Enjoy fine children, this is the best time of your life!
    Kisses and a hug of affection, you're being optimal

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a busy time, isn't it? Take care of the kiddos, they should come first.
    The Mosaic block is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mosaic block looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's sooo hot! I am behind on my sampler block...haven't sewn all week! =( boohoo!

    Love that block you made though...thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such a balancing act. I know our children should be our priority because childhood is such a short season. They are what really matter in the eternal scheme of things! :-)I try to remember my advice when a fun block is calling my name but all the kids are begging me to take them to the dock to swim! (I have 6 kids)

    p.s. I am loving this QA. Learning so much! Thanks for taking the time and effort to put this together.

    ReplyDelete