Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Work In Progress Wednesday

It has been forever since I linked up with a Work in Progress Wednesday, but today I really felt the need to get organized and figure out what I have to work on.  So here it is....


In process:


1.  Amish Braid - I need to finish quilting and binding it before next week, but I am scared.  The quilting terrifies me because it shows up so much and will really make or break this quilt.


2.  Stars and Pinwheels - I have been adding regularly to the blocks, 
but still have about 8 to go.

3.  Skill Builder Sampler - Caught up!  :)  


4.  4x5 Modern Quilt Bee Blocks- about half way done with the blocks.  
They will each have the star outside with a customized center.

5.  Chicken Baby Quilt - I have started cutting up fabric for a baby quilt for one of my favorite people.  I started with my red fabrics and let's just say that I have a lot more reds than I thought, so the quilt might turn out to be primarily red and white - with an appliqued chicken or two.  I'll devote a post to the quilt later - it deserves it.  :)

6.  Commissioned Tree Quilt - I am making good progress with this.  I love making these tree blocks.

7.  Flower Garden Quilt - slowly but surely it is progressing.

Stalled:
8.  Crazy Quilt - I just need to add a simple fleece binding to this.
Why has it taken me months?!?

9.  Scrappy 9 Patches - they are sitting on my worktable but going nowhere.

10.  Dresden Plates - I am nervous about sewing these into my white fabric 
so I keep putting it off and working on other projects.
I love them so much I don't want to mess them up.

Man, I sound like a bundle of nerves over here.  "Cowboy up, cupcake!" is going to need to be my moto for the next few weeks until I can get all of these nerve stalled projects under control.  :)

16 comments:

  1. All your blocks are so beautiful! And I love your 4x5 blocks! Of course, I can pick out mine!! :-)
    LOVE your dresdens....wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the stalled projects first. I find that when I finally suck it up and set to on those things that are giving me the willies they go much smoother than I thought and then my mind is free of worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all those different blocks you have on the go! That crazy quilt Is wonderful, I hope you are snuggling under it soon - one can snuggle while doing the binding, watching a movie maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Leila! You've been busy! I can't wait to have that many finishes. I love everything; really drawn to the stars and pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have some amazing projects going on here! Especially love the stars and pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whole lotta colorful stuff going on at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make lovely things. I think sewing requires a lot of skills such as creativity, accuracy, but above all guts. I can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol i never finished a quilt until i cowboyed up and did it!! so glad i did but i still have to push myself through some of the nervous spots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything's looking great- Git 'er done! :)
    PS- Your dresden plates are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, everything looks great! I know what you mean by being afraid to mess it up. I'm thinking of making myself a little sign or wallhanging that says, "No Fear!" so I get off my butt on some of my challenging ones. Your projects will turn out great, have no fear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of pretties here, but I love your dresdens best. I think the gray fabric? rug? they're on sets them off beautifully - maybe even better than white would.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes it is really hard to get over that "don't want to mess it up" stage, and your blocks/quilts are so beautiful I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects are beautiful! I often find the reality of doing something is so much better than what I thought it would be. Makes me wonder why I've put something off that I was concerned about accomplishing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It must feel like you are living in the middle of a rainbow at your house - all those colours! I love the Dresdens...why not use a black background instead of white? I think white would make them look dull, whereas they would sparkle on black..just my thought.

    ReplyDelete
  15. (I'm a little slow on my WIP comments this week.)

    All your projects look like you're making excellent progress on them. I love the Dresden plate circles, but then I'm a rainbowy color fan. It will be stunning when you get to the point that you want to tackle that. I always think we shy away from finishing a project because we're gearing up our energy. I'll keep checking back to see you are doing!

    Elizabeth E.
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you do have a lot going on! But everything is gorgeous, as always! I love your new motto, "Cowboy up, Cupcake!" I think I might have to start telling myself that, I've got a whole bunch of deadlines looming! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete