Thursday, September 1, 2011

Another Baby Quilt Start

 
My sister in law is having a baby this fall and I want to make the newest member of the family a quilt.  When I asked about nursery colors she sent me this inspiration picture.  Fun!


I pulled these fabrics from my stash.  Most of them are from the Meadowsweet line with some dots and checks thrown in.  How thrifty to use things I already had - it is always a good idea to buy fabric to have on hand for such occasions.  ;)


Here are some of the ideas I have for the actual quilt.  (Maybe 9 Dresdens instead of Dresdens and 9 patches on the second picture though?)  I like them all and think any of them would work well with the fabric.  Which do you like the most Charlotte?

9 comments:

  1. I rather like that first inspiration quilt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inspirations! I finally used some of my Japanese prints I won from you on a baby quilt that I posted about today.
    http://tildastwistedlife.blogspot.com/2011/09/japan-and-austria-met-and-had-baby.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun and how convenient for you to already have all that fabric in your stash! :) I think the bottom two patterns are my favorite. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh. i've had that diamond tufted tweets quilt in my favorites for quite some time! Love the color palate you'll be working with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your fabrics! so pretty! i think i like the swoon quilt, maybe a color background instead of white to warm it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think for a baby in those colours you have, the Tumbler pattern would work nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them all, but think I am partial to #3 Swoon quilt. I love the colors for this baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd go for the dresden plates! They would be lovely in those colors.

    ReplyDelete