Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday

 This is my husband peeking out with the "are we done yet?!?" look.
I love him, but will not be able to give him a recommendation as a professional quilt holder.  :) 
1.  Amish Braid - FINISHED!!!  I almost had a nervous breakdown when it didn't turn out the way I expected/wanted, but I got some Amazing pictures of it.  Seriously, it was a miracle.  It looks a million times better in the pictures than in real life.  I will not have to hang my head in shame on Tuesday the 13th when it is posted at the Moda Bake Shop!!!

2.  Stars and Pinwheels - No progress
3.  Skill Builder Sampler - Caught up!  :)  I even have my block for Friday finished.
4.  4x5 Modern Quilt Bee Blocks- No progress

5.  Chicken Baby Quilt - I thought I might have the finished top to show you until I decided to add two more rows of blocks.  I love bow tie blocks and who knew I had so much red fabric?


6.  Commissioned Tree Quilt - I just have to add the brown flange and white border and this will be ready to quilt.  I am loving it and am on track to finish by the 15th!  Yea!

7.  Flower Garden Quilt - very slowly but surely it is progressing.
8.  Crazy Quilt - No progress
9.  Scrappy 9 Patches - no progress
10.  Dresden Plates - no progress
11.  Tumbler Quilt For Jane Marie - Pulled fabrics.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

  1. I cannont wait to see the Amish Braid, which I am sure is wonderful! :) I'll look for it next week!

    The tree quilt is darling!!! And I can't wait for Friday's block!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your bakeshop project quilt finished up ok! Your red bow ties are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tree quilt! Just waiting for Friday...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to fire my husband as quilt holder! I hated the whining "my arms hurt!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm glad the Amish Braid looks good! I'm sure we'll all love it! My husband isn't home enough during daylight to be my quilt-holder, so I got a retractable clothesline. I highly recommend it!

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your tree quilt!
    My husband is a complainer when to comes to holding up quilts for photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had fun re-reading a lot of posts on your blog, and laughed and smiled my way through the one where you had your anxiety moments about your Amish Braid quilt for the Moda Bake Shop. I am sure it will be beautiful--I'll look for it!

    I just noticed your Motherhood video on the side (the advantage of posting at the end is the taking notice of all the badges/buttons on the side). Very cool--I'm LDS, too! And there's a few others of us in the regular WIP posters that are. I have the "Create" video on my blog.

    Your bowtie quilt is looking mighty fine--I love seeing progress on everyone's projects.

    Elizabeth E!
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. your tree quilt is lovely.

    my husband is difficult to direct in quilt-holding photos, also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tree quilt and the Chicken Baby blocks. (Love that name - must be a story)

    ReplyDelete