Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I Have Been Up To...


I received the last of the 4x5 Modern Bee Blocks last week.  I love how they all look together and I can't wait until they announce the new groups!

I worked on the next paper piecing block today.  I have to say that it was harder than I thought it would be - I had to recut a bunch of pieces and unpick some stitching, but it came out looking good!

I used the Green Mountain tutorial to make the large block for my neglected Stars and Pinwheel quilt last week.  I love how it turned out!  The yellow and pink one - not so much.  I didn't want to do pink/brown or yellow/green again, but I should have.  :)

 Last week I also finished up the "ugly fabric" challenge for the Des Moines Modern Quilt Guild.  I was given the multicolored oval-ish fabric.  I think it is actually pretty cute, but it wasn't saying "quilt" to me.  It kept saying, "I would make great kid skirt."

 So that is what it became.  Perfect for the girl who dresses herself.  It will go with anything!  And could double as a clown costume.  ;)

Thankfully, I have not been sewing Halloween costumes.  The girls all chose to be things we already have costumes for.  !!!  :)  !!!

5 comments:

  1. Your 4x5 blocks look great! As do the new blocks you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 4 x5 blocks all together and that pink and brown star is wonderful. Lovely skirt too for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that skirt is so cute and the fabrics look really fun! Great decision to make a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that paper pieced block, it is so intricate!

    ReplyDelete