|Becca and I out bowling with the family.|
Only three more days until QuiltCon! I cannot wait! (happy dance!) When not looking at quilts and vendors I plan on sitting in the back of the lecture hall (so many good lectures!!) with Becca Babe. Keep an eye out for us and say hi!!! As I am linking up with the QuiltCon Link Party, here are five things you may not know about me:
- My name is pronounced li-la. Not lay-la, lee-la or lee-eye-la. It was a pronunciation nightmare in all my school life. Leila is an Middle Eastern name that my father heard while he was on a college study abroad trip in Jerusalem. Since he heard it in Israel I was called li-la, the Hebrew pronunciation, not lay-la the Arabic pronunciation.
- I don't like the word "maxi". Like maxi dress and maxi skirt. It reminds me of maxi pads. Who wants to wear clothing with a feminine hygiene product name? Ick. ;)
- I love to read, but have only read one book in the last 5 months. :( One of my favorite authors is Connie Willis who combines two of my favorite genres: historical and science fiction. My husband got me hooked on sci-fi a few years after we got married. It took me a while to give in and try it but now I love it too.
- To combine two taboo topics (edited: religion and politics): I am Mormon, but I didn't vote for Romney in the election. Sorry man, but I didn't like your plan.
- In college I studied Conservation Biology with a Wildlife emphasis and a minor in Statistics. I majored in it because I loved all of the classes, but have never worked in the field and quite honestly would have to get a PhD to do what I would like to with it. But that's ok. I am quite happy to be staying at home with our 5 daughters.
QuiltCon and warm weather here I come! :)