Saturday, February 26, 2011

Crazy Quilt Along at the Old Red Barn Co.

On Tuesday, I am starting a Crazy Quilt Along at the Old Red Barn Quilt Along site on flickr!!! Have you seen this group? Every other month or so there is a different quilt along at the site and the old tutorials stay posted so you can go back at any time and quilt along. Love it!

Gearing up to leading the 10th round of the quilt along has been an experience in if-you-ask-they-will-say-yes. When I emailed Dana, the site's founder, about doing a round about crazy quilting she immediately said yes. I didn't really think she would! They have had some big name quilt along leaders and I...well...not so big. But here I am!!!!!


The next month I saw that Allie Aller had recently wrote a book called Crazy Quilting: Modern Piecing & Embellishing Techniques for Joyful Stitching. I emailed her and asked if she would donate a copy so I could kick off the Crazy Quilt Along with a giveaway. She immediately said, "Yes!" Squeal!!!

Here are some additional pictures from her book that she sent me.

Her first full sized crazy quilt:

Crazy in the Desert by Allie Aller

And look at those beautiful flowers! She spends a whole chapter showing how to make them in her book. Amazing!

Crazy Happy Flowers by Allie Aller

Who would have thought that just asking could go so far? I sure didn't. Humm...maybe I should have asked for a copy of Allie's book for myself! :)

If you want to be entered to win a copy of the book and learn more about Allie go on over to the Old Red Barn Co.'s site and leave a comment.

I will be starting the Crazy Quilt Along on Tuesday with a post on fabrics. See you then!

0 comments:

Post a Comment