Sorry this took me so long to get up. I have been out of town (well, I still am...) and I didn't get it posted before I left. So...
Other than fabric, what will you need for the We Can Do It! Skill Builder Sampler?
- A sewing machine. I guess you could sew everything by hand, but I will be using a sewing machine. Your sewing machine does not need to be special or fancy, it just needs to be able to do a straight stitch and zig-zag.
- An iron and something to iron on.
- Thread - choose a color that blends well with your fabric.
- A rotary cutter and mat are essential for easy accurate cutting.
- Acrylic ruler. A 6 x 24 inch ruler was the only ruler I had for many a year and is a great 1st ruler.
- Hand needles and pins.
- 1/4 yard of fusible interfacing (We will be using it in the first week of December, but don't worry about that right now, we'll talk about exactly what you will need in a few months)
- A small compass (like the ones used in geometry classe)
Not necessary, but nice:
|1/4 Inch Foot with Gaurd|
|Rotary Blade Sharpener|
|12.5 x 12.5 Ruler|
- A rotary blade sharpener. You can use this to sharpen your blades when they get dull. Mine has saved me a lot of money in replacement blades for my rotary cutter.
- Some additional rulers. My favorite sized ruler is 6.5 by 12.5. It is great for working with fat quarters and smaller blocks. A 12.5 inch square ruler for trimming the finished blocks would also be very helpful.
- A 1/4 inch foot with guard. It is AMAZING!! I just got one a few months ago and don't know how I quilted for years without one.
Here is another great post about quilting tools from the Skill Builder Series by Sandi. Read more here. Here is another great post on basic starter supplies at Stitched in Color.
Do you have any questions? Did I forget anything? Are you ready for next week?!?