I made up some more Civil War blocks this week! I am so happy with the way they turned out. I think I am finally getting the hang of the precise piecing and fabric choice for these 8 inch blocks.
This block was intended to be the Ladies Aid Album, but I didn't look at the piecing directions and totally messed it up. So I salvaged the center piece and put some "liberated" points on it to make a star. Unfortunately, they aren't quite wonky enough to look wonky, just kind of sloppy. Oh well, I still really like it. I think the scrappy greens and red really work well together.
Modified Louisiana - I think this block is so cute. I am planning to make a 12 inch version of it in different fabrics next week. (The modification is using a white triangle instead of green on the outer edge of the pink.)
Civil War Quilts! Well, except for that one I have to redo. :) I hope to have some 12 inch star and pinwheel inspired blocks to show you next week.