Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Long Arm Quilting

 
My friend Julie made this beautiful quilt (Hexagon Park) and trusted me enough to quilt it for her.  This time the long arm quilting on the rented machine went much smoother than before - thanks for all of your tips!

 I made big mums in the center of all the large hexagons...

...and little mums in the border blocks.  I made little loopy things along the border.  The loopies were the hardest part, I kept getting mixed up about which way they were suppose to go.  

And the best part?  Julie watched my kids while I quilted.  When I went to pick them up they all showed me how they had climbed the tree while I was gone.  I have heard numerous complaints since about how we don't have a climbing tree in our yard -- yeah, it's a tough life.  :)

3 comments:

  1. I love those mums!
    My very first quilt was a sampler quilt which was big enough for a king size bed. Ambitious eh? By the time it was finished I couldn't bear the thought of having to hand quilt it so I paid somebody to do it on a longarm machine. Her quilting didn't look as good as yours but, then, I didn't look after her kids while she was doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! Your quilting looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at the last bit. They are more than welcome to come back and climb my tree any time. I just love your kids! Thanks so much for quilting this one for me. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete