Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pillow Talk Swap 10

the fabric pull for my partner
For the last month things have felt a bit more calm around here.  Maybe because the baby is sleeping through the night now?   I started to feel kind of itchy and wanted to do some social sewing.  So I signed up for the Pillow Talk Swap.  This is my first time in the swap and man, is it fun!  We have all been assigned secret partners and people are posting pictures of fabric pulls and pattern ideas and asking for feed back.  There are so many great fabrics and ideas that I wish I was 10 peoples' partner!  ;)


My partner said she likes blues, greens and other pastel combos.  She also had some pictures of pillows with hexagons in her inspiration mosaic.  You know how I love English paper piecing!  So I ran with her hexagon inspiration photos.  So far I have appliqued 1 inch hexagons onto a variety of 1.5 inch hexagons.  The plan as of now is to space them about 1/2 inch apart and applique them onto a linen background.

I am loving how it looks and loving making it!


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. Love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric pull and the EPP looks great! Can't wait until my baby is sleeping through :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing this round too - and I'm a first timer! Loving your plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric with the guitars on it is so cute!

    Up until I did the hexagon flower block in the skill builder sampler I had been dreading it because all that hand-sewing sounded tedious, and then when I did it I couldn't believe how much fun it was. Now I keep trying to think up little projects I can make with hexagons :)

    ReplyDelete