Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Baby Steps with Baby Blocks

 

Summer has hit and I am finding it hard to find time to sew.  I have vowed to get all of the saplings out of our numerous flower beds this year and have been spending most of my free time in the yard.  In past years I have tried to cut the saplings down and poison them, but as I dig them up this year I keep finding live saplings that have been cut down numerous times.  Arrg.  I hope old fashioned digging works better.

I did find the time to sew up a few mini blocks for the Baby Stars quilt.  The largest is 6 inches and the smallest is 3 inches.  They were pretty fast and fun to sew.  My plan is for them to be sprinkled on the background of the quilt.  To make the setting easier, I might applique them onto the background fabric.  That way I can easily place them where I want them.  And the final quilting will help mask the applique and really secure them to the backing.

I really like the yellow Ohio Star block and can't wait to carve out the time to make a few more.
I hope you are enjoying your summer and finding some moments to sew too!

Linking to Freshly Pieced.

5 comments:

  1. Fun! The colors really pop - what color will your background be?
    *Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and tiny! It's going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors! These are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adoro estrelas.São tão lindas,não me canso de olhar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute!! i especially love the fussy cut anchor.

    ReplyDelete