Thursday, August 21, 2014

Quilt Update


I finally finished appliqueing on all the little stars and pinwheels onto the background fabric of this quilt.  In retrospect I don't know if it was any faster than piecing them it, but it did allow me to play with the placement quite a bit.  Perhaps too much.  There was a lot of rearranging and second guessing.

My clothesline is acting up (ie very droopy) so I hung the quilt sideways.  Just turn you head and imagine that the big star is in the bottom right hand corner. And imagine that I have trimmed up the edges too.  :)

(The tutorial for the big star can be found here.)


Here are some closeups.  I love that green color.  It is a bit more teal in real life.


And I love the mini Ohio star blocks.  I need a whole quilt of them!  It was fun to play with my Meadowsweet scraps and fussy cut the center of this block.


Now I just have to quilt it.  I have big plans for this little quilt.  Think swirls and ghost blocks floating in the background.  Hopefully I will be able to pull it off!


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the colour choices. Your quilting plan sound fun too! Look forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete