Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Works In Progress - The Unabridged Version



Yesterday At the Heart of Quilting, a local long arm quilting store, needed someone to pretend to be a customer while Channel 5 made a commercial for them.  I was more than happy to oblige, especially since they said I could bring in a quilt to quilt while they were filming.  Sweet!  It was all low key and fun.  I love free motion quilting on a long arm and told them that when all of my kids were in school that I wanted to come down to Des Moines all the time to quilt.  Since time was limited, I brought my smaller I-spy quilt did a large all over flower design.  The quilting really shows up well on the back.  I used minky fabric for the first time as a backing.  It is awesome!

I have been getting a lot done, but I still feel like I am drowning in projects.  So I want to get old school WIP Wednesday today and make a comprehensive list of my WIPs.  I didn't think there were this many....

Needs Binding:
1.  I-spy quilt
2. Hexagon Christmas pillow

 Needs Quilting:
1.  Megan's Star quilt
2.  Christmas triangle quilt
3.  Star Flower quilt
4.  Diamond Christmas pillow

Needs a Border:
1. 1930's Sampler
2. Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt

Needs to be sewn together:
1. Yellow/purple triangle quilt
2.  Tree skirt


Needs a few more blocks and to be sashed and set:
1. Meadowsweet star quilt
2. Dresden plate quilt

Fabric that I want to do something with:
1.  Jelly roll of Kona solids
2.  Jelly roll of Lotta Jansdotter fabric
3.  A rainbow pack of vintage sheet fabric

Need to get rid of:
1. Coral and black baby quilt top
2. Brother's blue quilt (totally messed up the quilting on that)

Quilt Ideas:
1. Iowa State Fair Quilt made with solids
2. Simple patchwork with my special "sweet" fabrics
3. Fun improvisation (multiple ideas there)
4. Selvage pillows/quilt/skirt/etc
5. Scrappy hexagon quilt
6. Christmas pillow with selvage trees

12 active projects and tons in the wings...I think I have enough to keep me busy for awhile.  :)  What have you been working on?

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.


7 comments:

  1. Wonderful list of beautiful projects. Enjoy hours of fun sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much on the go! I really love the Christmas triangle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you prepare your quilt sandwich in a special way to deal with the Minky backing? One of my quilty pals had a heck of a time dealing with it recently. I love you Christmas-y triangles quilt... so tempted to make one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Christmas triangle quilt! I have a giant bundle of Ann Kelle's Jingle that I'm waiting to make into a quilt for my little girl's big girl bed (she's still in the crib), and your quilt is similar to the design I was thinking of. I am in AWE of those granny squares! You're a better woman than I!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just in my sewing room looking at some fabric I bought a long time ago for a charity quilt. I have been painting a room and cleaning it out for my new purchase Avante. I have several jelly rows all waiting to be sewed together for another charity quilt, I have 6 waiting for this new long arm. I think I have a list a little longer than yours to finish, but I keep making charity quilts, maybe it's that time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those 4 blocks there, the last picture. Maybe they are in your new book. Enjoy your sewing. I'm working on a quilt along. jlblvn at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm feeling the need for an old-fashioned WIP round=up, too. I'm always working on a project that I'm "saving" for a reveal, which really takes the fun out of sharing! Glad to know someone else's lists look like mine. And oh boy, what a cute quilt in the lead paragraph! Too fun that you got to be the model for their commercial.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete