Tuesday, October 13, 2015

At the Fair BOM - October Blocks


Hi, I just wanted to share the October blocks for the At the Fair BOM with you.  On the left a flower block from Kossuth County and on the right a block designed by Sioux County (I love this one!).  These are the last of the large blocks in the quilt, finishing at 16" square.  I have really had a lot of fun making these large blocks, but from here on out it is all 12" and 8" blocks.  Which is actually a good thing.  I am starting to run out of some of the fabric colors.  Making 36" - 16" blocks eats up a lot of fabric!

In other news, I bought a new sewing machine!  I am still figuring it out, but I am loving it.  It was a splurge investment (that is what I keep telling myself) but should serve me well for some time to come.  I'll let you know the details after I have figured it all out.  You know, it is really sad/weird/funny when you look forward to reading an instruction manual.  :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment