Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pillow Swap


Hello, I'm not dead yet!  Things have finally calmed down over here.  Our house sold!!!  And now I am finding myself with more time on my hands.  Thank goodness!  Last time we "spoke", two months ago, I was working on a pillow for a swap and had gotten this far.  I decided that I did indeed like it (I don't know what I was thinking earlier - it is totally cute), added a border and got to quilting.


I decided to go with the same spiral pattern as the original scrap vortex quilt.  It worked really well, although I can't imagine doing it on anything much larger.  That would be a lot of quilt wrestling!


I got to this point and asked for some advice on what to use as backing.  My partner was one of the people who responded and thought the aqua would be the best - I agreed.


Everything was going great until I was sewing down the binding and found this.  Can you see it?  My 3 year old had gotten a hold of the scissors and cut the edge of the binding.  Augh!  She really likes to cut the edges of things.  Quite a few of her shirts have little notches in the hems.  Sigh.  It turned out that I was able to turn under the binding twice in that spot so the notch was covered.  The binding was narrower there, but not noticeable unless pointed out.


Off it went in the mail at the end of March with a little selvage zipper pouch and some goodies.  


And then I got this in the mail from Janet (@bayleebarkley).  Love!!!!  The fabric, the colors, the movement and those tiny flying geese!  And the little cushion?  Too cute!  Thanks!

It was a great swap and it was fun to interact with people online.  After we get back from vacation this summer I am going to keep my eyes open for another one.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house, will be checking for new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collections



    Understanding the concept of EB- 5 Investment

    LCR Capital Partners is a company formed by former students of Harvard, with expertise in the financial sector and also has partners with extensive experience in Fast Food Franchise. Built in 2014, it recieved its approval as Regional Centre by the US Department of Immigration (USCIS) quickly and efficiently.


    EB-5 Regional Center, Green Card EB-5 Visa, eb 5 visa consultants in India

    ReplyDelete