Tuesday, June 13, 2017

That Quirky Scrap Quilt - The Low-Volume-and-Pink Version


Last month I started another Quirky Scrap Quilt (link to tutorial here). I had been thinking about making another one, and when the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild contacted me and asked if their guild could use my tutorial for a scrap busting challenge (of course!), it was just what I needed to get me off my bum and sewing.


The Plan:  I thought it would be fun to do a low-volume version with darker fabric running on the diagonal through the 4-patches. After I got cutting it turned into low-volume oranges and pinks, but I think it will be ok. I also got a bit overzealous while cutting and now it is going to be twin sized instead of throw sized.


I started pinning the squares into groups of 20 after losing track (multiple times!) of how many I had cut. Now, I am caught up with the quilt along with my fabric cut and 4-patch units sewn! Yea!


Check out the #quirkyscrapquiltalong on Instagram to see what other people are making. There are so many fun color ways. And feel free to post your pictures and stash bust along with us.


5 comments:

  1. I sewed along with you in 2015 and that quilt is one of my very favorite ever. I was just thinking about how I had so many scraps and that I should make another. I am not sure that I have the time right now but would love to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this quilt and might find the time to make this too. I also love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many pieces of different fabrics! I sure need to get busy and sew. We are traveling by RV but will try to find the time. It won't be scraps. I will find a precut. Thank you for this great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here.

    www.office.com/setup
    www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete