Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Heather Ross Mini Spool Quilt



Hello all!

This summer I participated in a Heather Ross mini quilt swap on Instagram. (You can follow me @sewnbyleila)  It was so much fun! I had wanted to make a thread spool quilt forever and this was the perfect excuse.


I wanted the quilt to have a loose "rainbow" order. So, I rummaged through my HR scraps, begged/traded some more scraps from friends, and got to work. The spools are improvisational pieced, which made the final piecing a challenge, but it made for a good variety of shapes and sizes.


I heavily quilted the background with swirls so the spools would stand out. (Swirls are my go-to free motion quilting motif.) It took awhile, but I love the look. Then I stitched around each of the spools and then quilted a few zigzags across each to mimic thread.


It was a lot of fun to make and I will have to make another one for myself soon!


(An outtake of my quilt holder jumping for joy!)

4 comments:

  1. I love that you gave the thread sections thread-like relief with your quilting there. Clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! I love that you have some Aurifil spools. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. شركة المثالية للتنظيف
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف


    شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالقطيف
    شركة صيانة مسابح بالقطيف
    شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام

    افضل خدمات شركة المثالية للتنظيف بجميع مدن ومحافظات المنطقة الشرقية بالمملكة العربية السعودية للتنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات والمقدمة بافضل جودة وارخص الاسعار حيث توفر شركة المثالية للتنظيف خصم 30% لجميع خدمات التنظيف ومكافحة الحشرات وجلي البلاط اتصل الان واحصل علي خصومات شركة المثالية للتنظيف

    ReplyDelete