Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Block 5 - Year of Scrappy Triangles



Hello! Here is Block 5 in the Year of Scrappy Triangles. I say it every time, but this is one of my favorites. It might be because of the square in a square motif or maybe it is just the fabrics I choose. Either way, I think I need to make some more!




The easiest way to cut fabric for the triangles in the block is to cut over-sized squares in half on the diagonal. Design wise, I like having the inner square and the strips be similar in color because I think the strips provide a nice frame. But of course, the sky is the limit with color choices.

Speaking of which, I have been blown away by how good the Scrappy Triangles look in all of the different colorways I have seen on Instagram. Keep them coming!

Click here to print or download Block 5

Click here to find links to all of the blocks in the Year of Scrappy Triangles.
Find 1, 2 & 3" Scrappy Triangles in my Craftsy or Etsy shops.

1 comment:

  1. I packed up all my sewing and quilting materials a year and a half ago in preparation for moving. Moving was delayed and delayed and now it's finally happening at the end of this month. It might be another month before I can resume but it will be as quick as I can make it.
    I have a lot of small scraps - I can't bear to throw anything out - and your idea would work well for me to ease myself back into creating. I have only used foundation piecing once but have experience with paper piecing so I should be able to work with it.
    The small pieces are all from other work I've done. The memories will keep me company as I work.
    For some reason I cannot set up an Instagram account but I will try to send you pics.

    ReplyDelete