Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Block 24 - Year of Scrappy Triangles

scrap quilt, quilt pattern, paper piecing, foundation paper piecing, quilt block, 6" quilt block, quilting, scrap quilt pattern, free scrap quilt pattern

Spring is officially here! Now the sun just needs to come out. But for now, I'll just have to make do with these quilt blocks. Do they remind you of rays of sunshine too? This is another fast block, perfect for using up extra strips of fabric.

scrap quilt, quilt pattern, paper piecing, foundation paper piecing, quilt block, 6" quilt block, quilting, scrap quilt pattern, free scrap quilt pattern

I decided to top the 'rays' with a triangle so that the final quilt construction will be less bulky. Can you imagine having four of these blocks meet in a quilt? It would mean 16 seams intersecting. Way too much bulk!



scrap quilt, free quilt pattern, scrap quilt pattern, vintage quilt, pink quilt, yellow quilt, free simple quilt pattern

In other news, I basted and quilted a twin sized quilt yesterday. I know! Insane! I was in a rather grouchy mood and decided I was going to take the day off and sew. (Yes, my preschooler did happen to watch a lot of TV.)

It is amazing what you can do when you actually block off time to sew. I had been putting off basting this quilt for months, but once I did, I was on a roll and decided to start quilting. I used a meandering free motion quilting design and it went super fast. I hope to be able to bind it today or tomorrow. Yea!

You can find the free pattern for this quilt here.

1 comment:

  1. You're a smart cookie!! Thanks for that little extra triangle. So wise.

    ReplyDelete