Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Block 45 - Year of Scrappy Triangles

Free 6" foundation paper pieced quilt blocks. Perfect for using fabric scraps - a great quilt scrap buster.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind. Vacation, the Iowa State Fair, packing for college, gathering school supplies for all kids, suit shopping, hair cuts, dropping off at college (lots of tears were shed, and I'm not sappy), then cleaning and recovering from the whirlwind. It has been crazy, and I am trying to find the new normal with all the kids at school. We'll see how it goes. I need to get myself organized.

But I did manage to draft all the rest of the blocks yesterday for the Year of Scrappy Triangles. Crazy that we just have a few more weeks. It was hard to come up with designs for the last few. Some of them, like this one, are variations on previous blocks. I hope you enjoy making it. It uses 2 1/2" strips, so dig out those leftover strips and let's get sewing! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh! You went to the Iowa State Fair?! That's wonderful! It's one of the many things I miss about Iowa. Someday... I'm gonna return to Iowa for a visit. But in the meantime, I keep up with DM doin's by listening to WHO-radio (Van and Bonnie) through the I Heart Radio app. Makes me feel like I'm still "at home." Thank you for continuing to post your scrappy triangles along. I'm lamentably way far behind, but I'm printing them all, and looking forward to a good catch-up when other obligations and deadlines (quilt show entry dates) allow. Hope you settle into a new, and happy, routine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot, for the life of me, find a block 44. When might it have been posted? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete