Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Present and Baby Tree Quilt

After the fiasco that was the quilting of my brother's quilt, I decided to make him this little drawstring bag for the sibling exchange. He is planning on serving as a missionary for the LDS (Mormon) Church starting this summer and I wanted to get him something he could use. What does every clean cut missionary need? A shoe shining kit - in the Cutest-Bag-Ever!

Seriously, not to blow my own horn but I couldn't stop ooh-ing and ah-ing over it. If he likes it half as much as I do it will make a good present.

I am finally getting my nephew's baby quilt in the mail. I wanted to get the coordinating Big Tree Quilt mailed with it, but I want Baby Andy to have his before he is two years old. :) I also sent a cute drawstring bag - perfect for carrying around snacks and toys as he gets older.

And which will only load upside down! Ahhh... I'll try again later!

7 comments:

  1. Ah haha! That's priceless - the shoe shine kit. Awesome bag too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shoe kit bag! Brilliant idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the missionary shoe shine bag. What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you willing to share instructions/dimensions for the missionary bag?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I basically used this tutorial (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/10/simple-drawstring-bag.html) and just made it a bit taller. The tie and tag I just cut free hand, ironed it on with fuseable interfacing and stitched around the edges.
    I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would send it as a joke tee shirt when they play basket ball Heavy white tee with tie sewed in front black square to attached there tag. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete