Wednesday, December 16, 2015

At the Fair BOM Link Up

16 of the 24 blocks
This is a link up for all of those participating in the At the Fair Mystery Block of the Month.  Scroll down to see their pictures and keep reading to hear about this year long epic work in progress.

In January I started a block of the month program that was inspired by the Iowa State Fair (which I love!).   One of the buildings on the fairgrounds has a frieze of quilt blocks made with ceramic tiles around the outside.  One quilt block for each county in Iowa.  I designed a quilt using 36 of the 100 blocks.   The blocks vary in size from 36" to 8".  We have made 24 of the blocks this year and will make the remaining 12 during the first six months of 2016.

I'm doing a link up so you can all see the Amazing blocks people have been making.  I am also doing a drawing from the people who are up to date on their blocks and giving them a package of fabric.   I wanted to encourage everyone who signed up for the BOM to catch up if they are behind.  There is nothing lamer than signing up for a BOM and then never making the blocks (been there, done that).  


It is actually quite the undertaking to get out all of the blocks and photograph them.  I moved the kitchen table and laid them out as they will be arranged in the final quilt.    I need to move some around, but this gives you an idea.  We just have twelve more of the small 8" and 12" blocks to go.

If you would like to sign up you still can here in my Etsy shop.  All of the instructions for the first 24 blocks will be available for instant download and I will email you the paper foundation patterns you will need for a few of the blocks within 36 hours.

It has been a great experience!



1 comment:

  1. OMG! these are amazing designs and the quilting work that you have created. It looks simply outstanding spread on the floor. I think stitching the pieces together will produce an awesome design.

    ReplyDelete