Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Little Bit of Everything


I signed up for a pillow swap on Instagram.  It has been forever since I was in a swap and it has been lots of fun.  I had an idea (based on my partner's likes - scrappy, text, micro improv.) to make a mini scrap vortex pillow cover.  It started with this.


Which turned into this.


And then this.  I think the pictures actually look better than the real thing for once in my photography "career".   But now I am second guessing myself.  It is kind of blah.  What do you think?  Keep going or start over?  


 Too simple?  Would you like to get a pillow like this or would you think your partner had taken the easy/lazy way out?  I have another idea in the wings that I am leaning towards at this point.

,


In other news, AQS posted their best selling new book releases of 2015.  Of their books on piecing, You Can Quilt! took 3rd with approx. 1000 copies sold.  Not bad.  If you have a copy of You Can Quilt! I would be so grateful if you could take a few minutes and post a review of it on Amazon.  There have only been 7 reviews and we need to increase that number.  Thanks!




Last week my 1st grader and I made a shirt for the 100th day of school.  They wanted us to make something that had 100 of something on it.  I wanted to make something that she might possibly wear in the future.  This is what we came up with.  



Regular cheap felt cut out in squares, glued onto the shirt, then sew in lines through the middle.  It was a pretty kid friendly project.

I hope you are having a great week.  It has been snowing and we have missed two days of school -- I am starting to go stir crazy.  My plan is to stay sane by sewing.  :)

5 comments:

  1. My first thought when you said, "Scrap Vortex Pillow" was what a brilliant way to try that method out. It's a doable amount just in case you find you aren't scrap crazed, and I think your work looks great. It is a somewhat controlled palette for such things, but I assume those are colors your partner indicated they liked. I'd at least finish piecing the front. Of course I say all of this without having seen 'Plan B'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I really like your pillow and congratulations on your book...such a positive title! If you want to add more pizzaz to the pillow, how about cutting it into a a big 'X' and inserting solid strips for the 'X'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it but I don't know your partner! Can you put it up for comment? Of course if your partner prefers plan B you can keep it or offer it as an angel swap!! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable little pieces, how could your partner not adore it? I will go and review your excellent book, I love it, as you know - I have to review it on Canadian Amazon, I'm not sure if that is shown in all the countries but they won't let me review it on the American page.

    ReplyDelete