Friday, November 25, 2016

HST Baby Blanket


It is official. My neighbor now knows I am a crazy quilt lady. He was outside mowing when I was taking this picture. He was bound to figure it out sooner or later. :)

This half square triangle beauty is for my brother and sister-in-law who are having their first baby next month. She is using yellow, gray and aqua in the nursery and wanted something with a modern and/or jungle and/or woodland feel. I stuck with modern so that it would be able to go with anything and grow with their baby.


If I had it to do over, I would limit the number of different grays and their overall percentage. It turned out much darker than I was envisioning. It is going to have an aqua flannel backing and I am trying to decide whether to bind it in yellow, dark gray, or aqua. I am leaning towards the aqua right now, but I will see how it looks after I quilt it up.

I am thinking straight line quilting on either side of the seams. I hate straight line quilting. I mean, I love how it looks, but I get bored/burnt out after about one pass. Maybe every few passes I can get up, stretch and get some pie...that might keep me going. :)



6 comments:

  1. Love the quilt, and the pie is a great idea, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. I'm actually making one very similar with)and was planing the same quilting you are. I think it will look great!Love the idea of the aqua binding, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way it is turning out. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete