Monday, January 23, 2017

HST Baby Quilt Finish


Well, this has been finished for awhile and is actually the first baby quilt that I have ever gifted before the baby was born. Crazy, I know.


Yellow, aqua and gray was the color theme of the nursery and I decided to use solids so it would match everything and be able to graduate easily to an older child's room. It is backed with aqua flannel with some on-point straight line quilting. I don't know how people do dense straight line quilting. I was going crazy with this much. That being said, I have a quilt ready to be quilted that I am going to straight line quilt. (Bangs head against wall.)


Before deciding on solids, I had pulled out a pile of yellow and aqua prints and just had to make something out of them.


I made a small quilt with no batting to be used as a "car seat" blanket. Or a doll blanket? I don't know. I just wanted to make something out of that stack and it ended up kind of small. Small (about 28" square) but cute.

I have more finishes waiting in the wings and hope to post again soon!

4 comments:

  1. Finish is good. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finish is good. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same about dense straight-line quilting-had to laugh! 😁Lovely quilt-I especially love the colors in the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete