Friday, February 10, 2017

Hello, Patchwork Posse Friends!


This month I am a guest designer for the Patchwork Posse. It is an online quilt group with a great online forum, monthly guest designers and quilt alongs. Tons of fun! As part of being a guest designer, I designed a child sized quilt that I call "The One Yard Wonder". One yard of fabric with lots of cute variations. Only members can download the pattern (click here to learn more about membership perks), but anyone is able to listen to the podcast, where Becky and I chat about quilting. I like talking about quilting. :) I also wax eloquent on various quilting subjects in a written interview.

I have rounded up some pictures and links of things that Becky and I talked about in our chat for easy access for everyone stopping over from the Patchwork Posse. 


We talked extensively about my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. For a whole post with tons of pictures, including the back of the quilt, visit this post. We also talked about my new English paper piecing project, but I haven't posted anything about that since last December. I will post more pictures here soon. I have come a long way! I have been posting pictures on Instagram, however, if you want to check them out. I'm @sewnbyleila.


We also discussed my most recent finish: Go Big or Go Home. Lots of fun improvisational quilting. For more info and pictures, visit this post.


        


      
 
Over the years I have been blogging, I have written a few tutorials that I thought you might be interested in. Clockwise from the upper left hand corner: The Easy-Peasy two fabric blanket is the post that gets the most traffic on my blog. So simple, so cute! Emily's Pinwheel Star tutorial gives instructions for a 12" star block with a pinwheel inside. I love using flanges in my quilts and show how to make a flanged binding in this post. That Quirky Scrap Quilt is one of my favorite quilts ever. Bright and fun, the quilt is a great way to use up all those scraps.

Thanks for stopping by!
Leila

0 comments:

Post a Comment